Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Phương Thảo (Hà Thủy Nguyên)
Phượng Các
#1 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2005 4:00:00 PM(UTC)
Phượng Các

Groups: Administrators
Woman

Was thanked: 654 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Sài Gòn: Nữ sinh 18 tuổi xuất bản tiểu thuyết 700 trang
Tuesday, April 27, 2004

SÀI GÒN 27-04.- Khoảng giữa Tháng Năm này, cuốn tiểu thuyết “Ðiệu Nhạc Trần Gian” của cô nữ sinh mới 18 tuổi đang là học trò lớp 12 trường Marie Curie - Phương Thảo, sẽ ra mắt và do Nhà Xuất Bản Phụ Nữ ở Sài Gòn ấn hành. Thảo lấy bút danh là Hà Thủy Nguyên. Thầy cô, bạn bè Thảo ngạc nhiên với điều đó. Chỉ có mẹ Thảo biết con mình đã bắt đầu sáng tác tiểu thuyết khi mới 14 tuổi, học lớp 8 trường Marie Curie. Theo tờ Tuổi Trẻ thì Phương Thảo hiện đang là một tiểu thuyết gia trẻ nhất của Việt Nam.

Viết từ tưởng tượng và... mơ!

Một đêm, cô học trò Phương Thảo mơ thấy những hình ảnh về tám con rồng và câu chuyện về những mối tình thời xa xưa. Giấc mơ kết thúc dang dở đã khiến Thảo bị ám ảnh và thấy tiếc nuối. Thế là Thảo bắt đầu nảy ra ý định viết tiếp... giấc mơ.

Thảo bắt đầu ngồi gõ những dòng chữ đầu tiên lên máy tính. Câu chuyện tràn đầy tính tưởng tượng có không gian, thời gian từ xa xưa cứ ùa về một cách tự nhiên. Thảo cứ mải miết để những con chữ chảy tràn trên trang viết như thể nếu không viết liên tục thì mọi diễn biến của câu chuyện sẽ trôi qua hết.

Dịp Tết Tân Tỵ 2001, được nghỉ, dường như Thảo chỉ dành thời gian ở nhà để viết và bốn tập đầu tiên của cuốn tiểu thuyết được hình thành. Lúc này người duy nhất được đọc những dòng tiểu thuyết đầu tiên của Thảo chính là bố Thảo.

Ông Nguyễn Ðình Phượng kể: “Tôi sửng sốt khi nghe con mình nói ý định viết tiểu thuyết. Hai vợ chồng tôi trước cùng làm trong ngành ngoại thương, nay đều về hưu, không ai viết văn viết báo gì cả. Thảo cũng được gia đình định hướng đi theo nghề của bố mẹ, chứ ai ngờ hằng đêm cháu vẫn thức khuya để viết tiểu thuyết”.

Học đều tất cả các môn, trong đó môn nổi trội nhất của Thảo là văn và tiếng Anh. Thảo biết khá nhiều, tất cả là nhờ việc đọc nhiều sách. Thảo đọc bất cứ cuốn sách nào có được, đặc biệt là sách lịch sử, kiếm hiệp và thơ... tình!

Thảo nói: “Vốn sống của em hầu như chưa có gì. Hầu hết những gì em viết là sự tưởng tượng, tưởng tượng về quê em (huyện miền núi Anh Sơn, Nghệ An), tưởng tượng về mảnh đất kinh kỳ Thăng Long trong thời Lý, và tất nhiên là tưởng tượng cả về tình yêu trai gái đầy lãng mạn”.

Quả thật, đọc tập sách mới thấy Thảo có trí tưởng tượng phong phú đến mức nào. Không gian, thời gian trong truyện của Thảo là thời Lý, tức cách đây khoảng 1,000 năm, nhân vật là lớp thanh niên thời đó với lý tưởng sống, với những thất bại và khát khao, trách nhiệm và tình yêu đối với đất nước, họ đã sống và yêu như thế nào...

Thi tốt nghiệp lớp 9 xong, chuẩn bị vào lớp 10 là khoảng thời gian Thảo viết “kinh” nhất. Hàng trăm trang tiểu thuyết từ tập 4 đến tập 10 được Thảo viết trọn vẹn trong năm học lớp 10. Với một nhà văn, sức viết như thế là bình thường, nhưng với Thảo thì phải hết sức cố gắng vì hằng ngày Thảo vẫn phải đến lớp, làm nhiệm vụ của một Bí Thư Ðoàn Trường kiêm Bí Thư Chi Ðoàn lớp.

Thế nên có những lần Thảo giấu bố mẹ thức suốt đêm để viết. Quãng thời gian trong tiểu thuyết của Thảo dài đến hơn 20 năm, khoảng 70 nhân vật, với khoảng 30 nhân vật thường xuyên xuất hiện. Những cuộc bài binh bố trận, chiến đấu trên mặt biển, trên đất liền, các thế võ cũng đều do Thảo... tưởng tượng.

Và một điểm khác có thể thấy trong tiểu thuyết của Thảo đó là sự giao hòa giữa thơ Ðường, Tống của Trung Quốc và ca dao, tục ngữ Việt Nam khi Thảo đưa vào hơn chục bài thơ Ðường, Tống và hơn 20 lần ca dao, tục ngữ Việt Nam. Ðặc biệt, có khoảng 20 khổ thơ do Thảo tự sáng tác, và mở đầu, kết thúc của 50 chương tiểu thuyết đều... có thơ.

Bạn bè khi nghe nói Thảo đang viết tiểu thuyết thì không tin. Các thầy cô nghe nói cũng ngạc nhiên. Ngay đến nhiều nhà xuất bản, khi hai bố con Thảo mang bản thảo đến họ cũng không tin Thảo viết và từ chối in.

Có người biên tập trả lời: Học sinh thì không thể viết tiểu thuyết. Cho đến bây giờ, nhờ có một số nhà văn, nhà phê bình đọc qua cuốn Ðiệu Nhạc Trần Gian của Thảo thì cuốn sách này mới được đưa vào xuất bản.

nguyenthy
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2005 1:16:43 PM(UTC)
nguyenthy

Groups: Registered

Nguyen Phuong Thao began writing at age 14. By the time she celebrated her 16th birthday, she had completed a 1,000-page novel under the pen name Ha Thuy Nguyen. Today, as a student of the Faculty of Literature of the College of Social Sciences and Humanities at Ha Noi National University, she has finished another 938-page novel, Dieu Nhac Tran Gian (Rhythm of the Samsara), published by the Women’s Publishing House.

Inner sanctum: You are a fresh name to readers. Could you please give a brief introduction of yourself?

I was born in 1984 and am the second child of a family of four, including my parents and elder brother. Our native province is Nghe An, but I was born here in Ha Noi. My parents and brother are all in business, so I am free to pursue writing, for which the first step was to get admission to the Faculty of Literature of the College of Social Sciences and Humanities at Ha Noi National University.

Inner sanctum: Are you too young to write novels? What is your motivation in doing so?

When I was in the eighth grade, which was reserved for talented pupils of literature, we got a class newspaper, and I was assigned to write a series. As I loved swashbuckling romance and kung-fu, I decided to write in this style; my first series was Long Dieu Tranh Hung (The Contesting Dragon and Phoenix). Unfortunately, the assignment only lasted for three issues. But later, I started on the Dieu Nhac Tran Gian, a continuation of the aforementioned kung-fu story, with all the heroes of Long Dieu in the country of Dai Hoang, where they go to compete.

Inner sanctum: What are the underlying themes of your stories?

After people read Dieu Nhac Tran Gian, they say they can see me in the story. I try to transmit the idea of desire - one always has dreams and desires - and though they may be small, they may also be burning and great. To make life meaningful, one should pursue those dreams regardless of the hurdles and difficulties.

Inner sanctum: In Dieu Nhac Tran Gian, how many characters did you create, and among them, whom did you invest your heart in?

In Dieu Nhac Tran Gian, there are around 70 characters, of both righteous and evil temperaments. There is no stand-alone hero or heroin. In the story, the righteous and evil, as representatives of the supernatural world, are spirits or fairies.

Throughout the story, the group of Bat Long (Eight Dragons) represent the force that acts as Gods’ will, while their opponents include evils represented by the Hac Than (Black Master). The story employs historic figures like Nguyen Phi (Queen) Y Lan, Thai uy (Commander) Ly Thuong Kiet, Quach Quy (a Chinese general defeated in an invasion of Viet Nam by the Sung court), to name a few. Among the characters, I love Phi Thien Minh most. He is a Lam Long (Blue Dragon) of the Bat Long group. He is a youth who loves freedom and a liberal lifestyle, doing whatever he likes, and he often gets drunk on the faintest smell of wine and has a burning love. Perhaps he has many Phuong Thao traits.

Inner sanctum: Phuong Thao’s novel is inclusive of literature, paintings, fairy tales and historic stories. When you wrote yours, especially as a high school student, was it difficult for you?

It’s not surprising to find a grade-four or grade-five student reciting Tang poetry these days. So for a grade-eight student like me, the knowledge of this style of poetry and ancient music was already quite familiar. What I put in the story I already knew or accumulated during the process.

Inner sanctum: When did you start to familiarise yourself with literature?

I started reading literature in grade-three. The first volumes I read were the huge Chinese novel entitled Thuy Hu (Outlaws of Marsh). My dad challenged me to get through the volumes to see if I could remember the names of all 108 heroes. So I read and read out of hunger to win the test. But later I found the story very interesting. It took me nearly a month to finish, and since then I have had a love of kung-fu stories.

Inner sanctum: How would you rate your own novel?

The only thing I am certain of is that it’s my own creation, and that I’ve expressed and spoken my dreams and desires. I know there are shortcomings, but when I started, I was only a 14-year-old student, and I decided not to make any alterations to the original text. Rather, I let readers comment, and hope I will be able to offer a better work later.

Inner sanctum: How would you like people to see you?

I am a cheerful person, and I always mingle with others. Many would not believe I’m a girl of the Faculty of Literature. As they read my book, they seem to think I’m someone who has a heavy heart, but they’re entitled to their opinions. Sometimes people think I’m too eager and a bit thoughtless in doing things. That’s only half correct, however. I like to argue, even if it’s pointless or causes anger. But that is how I am in real life. In literature, no one is thoughtless if they use their pen to write down their thoughts.

Inner sanctum: What are your future plans?

Following Dieu Nhac Tran Gian, I would like continue with the Long Dieu Tranh Hung, which I still feel is unfinished. I used to write only for myself. Now I want to write for all readers, and that is the delight of creators of literature. When we have an interesting book in hand, we would find it less interesting and delightful if we didn’t have anyone else to share and argue with. - VNS

(source: VietNam News http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com...icle.php?num=01INN290505)